This Slow Cooked Mexican Beef Brisket is spiced up, succulent and tender. First it's marinated in traditional Mexican flavours of orange juice, oregano, chipotles and garlic. Then slowly wood-roasted for 8 hours. Simply heat and eat with tortillas and your favourite taco topping.
1. Remove the brisket its packaging and let it rest at room temperature. Preheat your oven to 160°C. (DO NOT USE A HIGHER TEMERATURE).
2. Place the meat into a baking dish.
3. Cover the tray with a double layer of baking foil. Fold and crimp the edges to seal.
4. Bake your brisket for 45 minutes. Baste the meat every 10 minutes to keep moist and flavourful.
1. TACOS. Use soft shell corn tortillas of course available to buy here. Slice Brisket into thin strips. Serve with Salsa, coriander (referred to in USA as Coriander), Mexican Black Beans, Heat the tortillas in a microwave (check instructions on pack).
2. BURRITOS. Slice the brisket into thin slices and serve with tangy coleslaw in warm flour tortillas. Make the coleslaw from Mix 500 g shredded white cabbage, 175 g grated carrot, 160 g mayonnaise, 2 tsp Dijon mustard & 2 tsp red wine vinegar. Add rice as an option to the burrito. Add Salsa to taste.
3.NACHOS. Spread corn chips in a baking tray so the layer is 1.5 chips thick. Cover with the Mexican Beef Brisket, add a layer of Salsa, sprinkle with grated cheddar; place in medium oven (180*C) for 12-15 minutes or until cheddar cheese melted. Serve with Sour Cream as option.